Friday, June 29, 2012

Splash-a-torium

 One of the reasons we chose the Welk Resort in Branson was for their Splash-a-torium which featured and indoor pool and water slide.
 The kids really enjoyed it, but they enjoyed the entire pool experience.  From the littlest non-swimmers to the bigger dare-devils!
 We had dinner two nights around the pools.  One night there was a barbeque buffet and the second night we ordered pizza and salad from the restaurant (Stage Door).  The tables were situated so we could see the kids if they were in the splash pool or in the big pool.





When the kids finished dinner, they liked to sit in one of the hot tubs before swimming again, usually in the big pool.
 

 We saw Libby stand on her hands, Davis and Roman paddling around and Uncle Jason keeping an eye on Anna on the steps.

There were several other pool-side activities including ping-pong, bingo and an underwater treasure hunt.




One night, they had face painting, which most of the kids really enjoyed.
 Sadly, it freaked Anna out to see beards and mustaches on her brother and cousins.
Although we have been to bigger water parks, this one was perfect for our family gathering in Branson, MO.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.