Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day, Here and There

 Father's Day in Kansas City began with Kyle fixing breakfast???

The beautiful center piece has hydrangea's from their yard, sunflowers from the store and roses from Libby's recital.
 We went outside where neighbor Roger came over to see how Libby's dance recital went the night before while her brothers rode bikes.
 Then, it was time to open presents---the grandkids got Grandpa a HUGE wine glass






And lots of wonderful cards.  But, then we had to hop in our car to go back home.
 Where Eli and Anna were to celebrate Father's Day again!
Grandpa reading from an airplane book was the perfect ending of the day. . . .Grandma taking pictures wasn't.  (Our celebration with Roman had to wait a couple of days)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.