Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ride the Duck Branson

While in Branson, we decided the kids would enjoy Ride the Ducks.

Our Captain Seamore was gracious despite the constant quacking of our crew of ducks!
 After a brief tour of Branson, we headed for Table Rock Lake. 
 First, we crossed the dam and wound up a road to an area that had been excavated with the stone being put on a conveyor belt to create the dam.  That area and the roads leading up there has many vintage military vehicles.

 Then, it was the moment we had been looking forward to.  After a little of William Tell's Overture, we were in the water.
 We saw the Branson Belle taking off for one of her runs.  And then, we had a variety of captains, including. . .
 Brett. . .
 Anna, Libby, Davis, Roman and Eli!

 After we got back to Branson we took a photo and got Grandpa a souvenir.
A photo of all of us!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.