Saturday, June 9, 2012

Etsy Set-Up



 This is my Etsy office/Dining Room.  Rachel tried to set me up in the basement, but the lighting and ambiance just wasn't right. Each container, represents a different section:  buttons, linens and scarves, books and magazines, mailing supplies.
This card table is what I photograph from.  It also can be moved into the corner to cover all of my containers.
The chairs in the Dining Room are draped with various, napkins, scarves and placemats which are the backgrounds for the items I am photographing to get ready to sell.  The Dining Room table is usually used for measuring and packaging.
Then, the buffet has items which are ready to be "listed" on my Etsy site, Oma's Trunk.  After they are listed, they go into the containers in photo #1.  It's a system that seems to work out well for me.  But in the 9 months that I have been selling, I've picked up a few tips, insights and inspirations that I will soon share.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.