Saturday, June 23, 2012

Baseball and Ballet

 We made a quick trip to Kansas City last weekend to see Brett play baseball (photo above is Brett and his dad putting on catcher's equipment0
His little brother Davis was a spectator, then an hour later. . .
 . . .it was Davis's turn to play ball and . . . .
 For Brett to watch.
 After Davis's game we headed straight for the theater for Libby's recital.
We met up with the Twenters in this beautiful old theater--The Folley.

 Our ballerina is the second from the right.


During intermission, we took a few photos with our ballerina.  A fun-filled and a busy 7 hours!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.