Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery

 While in Branson, we were just a little over a mile from the trout hatchery---surely on everyone's must see list while in Branson!  Well, it is FREE!
 There were some exhibits inside but the actually trout hatchery was outside.
 We learned the netting was to prevent birds from eating the fish (not keeping children out?)  We learned the water from the bottom of Table Rock Dam (in the back) was a chilly 48°



 Some in our party took this excursion to new heights by. . .
 taking photos of themselves and saying, "Hot Dam!"
Making fun of family portraits being taken under a tree at the hatchery.
 Threatening to turn off the water.
After a couple of thousand trout, even the kids became entranced by the gurgling water in an underground pipe.  But, all in all it was an interesting activity.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.