Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fry Family Reunion Part III

 Sandra, Dave, Carolyn, Arlene, Tom, Buddy were the first cousins who attended this reunion which began in 1951.  They were later joined by their families in the lobby of Phoenix X.  We had intended to have our pot luck and photo outside, but it was too windy.  The management graciously let us set up in the lobby and even brought out extra tables and chairs.




This was followed by watching the memorial for cousin Marilyn and the meeting---with reports on the trust and discussions about where to meet in 2015. The next evening some of us went to LuLu's for dinner.  Now, this is a place that knows what to do when there is a 1-2 hour wait to get in.




Once inside, the food was delicious and the entertainment was very good (although we were a little too close)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.