Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Visiting in Butler, Part I

 My brother had heard so many stories about our cousin in Butler, Mo., we drove to Kansas City, picked Jim up and drove an hour to Butler where we met Curtis and Ann.  Soon they had us in the truck, careening across fields to see their black angus herd and their native prairie which they say is beautiful in May when all of the wildflowers are blooming.









 Then, we headed back to town to see the hunting store which has many of Curtis's "stuffed" animals on display as well as hunting supplies and an archery range upstairs.






Curtis and Ann are some of the most interesting people I know----how many Angus ranchers/prairie conservationists/hunting store owners do you know.  Well, that's not all they are involved in---how about banking/physician/pecan growers/historians, too?

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.