Saturday, December 21, 2013

Botanical Garden at Night--indoors

 Usually when I go to the Missouri Botanical Garden around Christmas, I visit the train exhibit (click here)  Here is another year at the Gardenland Express (click here), but this year they had a special outdoor exhibit in addition to the Gardenland Express.  Shaw's Garden was decorated for an outdoor, light-filled walk. Above were lanterns in trees near Shaw's mausoleum.  I was surprised that we also got a tour of Shaw's Home pictured below.  Bonfires along the walk helped warm us up and were available to fix s'mores, too.







 Each of the above rooms was decorated by a local garden club.  The wreaths below were inside the visitor's center.  I though some were very interesting.
Wreath of bark

Snowy Owl wreath

Red Twig wreath

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.