Sunday, July 26, 2026

Showering Peace

 


Rainy days with you,

sitting on my patio,


celebrating a rare, soft summer rain.


While sunny days can be comforting with the sun’s warmth,

showers in summer are rare and should be celebrated:

soft gentle rain, not storms.


Rainy days calm me, slow me down.

We watch drops of rain sprinkling:

like twinkling stars

softly falling on a cottonwood leaf

Trickling down the drain restoring a glimmer of life.




I celebrate the mist now falling: 

 a mystical scene

of brooding trees rising up slowly 

from the swamp.

Clouds shading the canopy from

the sun’s harsh rays.


No Tai Chi today, but celebrating

a rainy day in July: 

a midsummer Missouri treasure.

The respite and relief reminds us

to slow down and reflect on what brings peace,


Celebrating summer with you

in the rain on my patio is Peace

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.