Monday, August 10, 2026

Olivia

 A 2003 VW Beetle: Cyber green

Turbo sports model with a stick shift

and  a lot of ZIP.


Small, round, compact but full of sass—

But  also full of class

with heated black leather seats

trimmed in cyber green.


Recognized when seen among

Behomoth-filled traffic.

Flash from head to toe: 

Floor mats and wheels

Trimmed in Cyber green too


Nicknamed Olivia for looking like a green olive 

from the rear with red pimento lights.


A spoiler unfurled to remind the driver

she's going too fast in the residential hood.

At stop lights, Titans looked down on 

the grey haired long-time owner,

but when the light changed to green

she left those giants in the dust


A green spotted bug whirligig

twirled in the bud vase until it

whirled out of the vase once too many.


Recently a red-headed driver:

The talk of SLU for squeezing into 

tight empty parking places.

Nick-named Booger and Buggie.

But, now being held together with

Zip Ties—-how appropriate for the car

That Zipped into parking spaces and at 

Green lights is now Zipped together.


At the end of her life-span,

Can she be in a Hollywood film?

Please let it be a Thelma and Louise scene:

Flying over a cliff, out with a bang.

And not limping into

a retirement home of junked cars.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.