Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome to Boston

When we flew into Boston, we had high hopes that the color in the photo above meant we'd see a lot of color WITH sunny skies.
In addition to New England Fall color, we were visiting Boston for the first time in years and visiting with Dave's brother and wife.
Donna, in typical Donna-style, was a thoughtful hostess with our own FREE bottles of water as opposed to the water offered by the hotel.

Our room had a beautiful view inside and outside.
It was a suite with bedroom, living room-dining room and a foyer!
Tom and Donna had a corner room with views from two sides. Above is the Long Wharf Marriott (red building) and the airport across the bay and the aquarium (at 3 o'clock)
There was an observation deck from which someone offered to take our photo.
We stayed at the Custom House, the tower of which is pictured in the glass building to the west.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.