Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas With Friends, Part II

Leah and I had another gathering with friends after Christmas.  We met with her good friends Julie, Catana and their daughters with Catana's parents being the gracious hosts.

It was a bonus because I was able to see Catana's grandmother, Lois, who just celebrated her 90th birthday.  We recently discovered that Lois was my dad's 3rd cousin on the Reiter-Tyrey side of the family.
 And, we were able to see Catana's dad, Ron, who spent many years with Dave in Indian Princesses and Catana's uncle and aunt (my 4th cousin) along with Glenice the hostess.
The three little darlings are between 24 and 18 months:  Gianna, Anna, Annie.

 We had a nice time socializing, but then it was time for photos. . .


 
 The girls have established a tradition of dressing the three of them in something alike and having a picture made. . . .a lot like herding three kittens.
Left to Right:  Catana-Ginana, Leah-Anna, Julie-Annie.  Thanks for letting me share in your mini-reunion.  It was great seeing all of you.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.