Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Good-bye Jacksonville

Our sister-in-law is moving.
She has done some beautiful decorating which undoubtedly help sell her house so quickly.


Although we won't miss the view from her front porch---they paid HOW MUCH for that tiger in a pool?

We will miss a 2 hour drive to visit her and her flowers.
Jacksonville, Illinois is a beautiful town. We ate lunch at a Three-legged Dog.
We aren't sure what kind of building this originally was, but it has been beautifully made into a coffee house/bistro.

A giant safe is in the large grey area in the upper right corner. It doesn't really look big enough for a bank, but with the telephone room

And beautiful restrooms, it's hard to tell what this building was.

But, Karen is off to a new adventure--
in a condo closer to her sister, nephews, children and grandchildren.


We wish her good health and happiness---we'll miss you, but hope to visit you soon in your "new" place.




1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

great pics!!!!! karen looks great & so does her updates to the house! love that blue paint with the crisp white trim & woodwork! :) so glad you & dad got to go up!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.