Monday, June 28, 2010

Norma's Memorial Service

My Aunt Norma's Memorial Service was last weekend at our church. Marisella and Jackie set up the memorial table.There was See's candy which was one of Norma's favorites. . .
Some of her 300 pairs of shoes as well as some of her scarves, hats and jewelry.
(l-r: Jackie, Susan, John, Jim)
My sister, Jane, made a lovely Easter basket with "bejeweled" eggs. When you opened the eggs, there were quotes about families. Norma was the Queen of the Easter egg hunts (a tradition we still continue) and her family was very important to her. Each person there got an egg to take home to remember Norma by.
Many of the cousins brought food. . .

(L-R: Nancy, Marisella, Kathleen, Jane)
Which the ladies at the church served (Nancy above and Jean below). . .
My sister Jane was the creative energy and designer for the reception. . .
Everything was beautifully presented (L-R: Bud, Jane and Dorthy).
Everyone contributed by fixing food, decorating, buying sandwiches or flowers.
I think Aunt Norma would have been pleased by the elegance and family involvement of it all.
We all enjoyed the chance to meet and greet family.Kathy with two of her granddaughters.
R-L: David and Earlene Long with Ronnie Long and the little guys are my grandsons.
Aunt Mary and Uncle Bill. . .
Cheryl, Bill, Barbara with Bit and Norman.
Kathy's grandsons loving her canapes!
Everyone enjoyed the photo memories (Barbara, Jim, Deb, Judy). . .
And, I sure wish I knew what was going on here. . .I think a caption is needed for this photo below (Susan, Norman, Bitsy, Steve).
Afterwards, several of us went out to dinner---it was a wonderful day remembering and honoring a wonderful woman.

Clockwise: Deb, Jackie, Marisella, Dave, Me, Richard, Jane, Jim, Steve)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.