Monday, August 23, 2010

7 Things


My daughter Rachel tagged me on her blog. So, here are the rules:
1) thank and talk about whoever gave you the award
So, Thanks, Rachel, for selecting me. In the spirit of the blog, I decided I would upload the first photo I found of you---here it is! Eating lunch at one of the restaurants in Brookside (Kansas City) last year. Rachel is my middle daughter---tall (for us), hilarious, artistic, a great mom and helpful daughter (she loves to re-arrange/re-decorate my house even when I do NOT ask her to----like the time she decided my wallpaper was "tired" and she started ripping it off days before her sister's graduation party. . .but I digress).

2) share 7 facts about yourself
1. I used to have a phobia for palm trees---I think I had a bad experience with one in another life time.
2. I can NOT just listen to music. Music is for dancing to, swaying to, tapping a pencil to, but not sitting still and listening----listening to music in the car drives me C-R-A-Z-Y.
3. I have problems with foods which stick to the roof of my mouth---bananas, peanut butter sandwiches.
4. I do NOT like extremists---I am very much a centrist---I no longer respond to people's extreme view because they are usually way too close minded to even have a discussion.
5. The only alcohol I drink is/are beer and wine---I'm not even tempted to drink anything else.
6. I'm a little on the hyper side and don't understand how people can teach while sitting at a desk.
7. I'd rather work outside than inside---my house may have dust but you won't find many weeds in my beds.
3) give the award to 7 other bloggers who rock!

My daughters Rebecca and Leah; my nieces Lynn and Christi---DANG, I don't know 7 bloggers!

3 comments:

Maid of Honor Jane said...

It certainly isn't your sister. Although I read everyone's blogs, I just can't do it. By the time I retired it will be something different anyway.

hear.t. and hue said...

good list mom! i think maybe a few things happened to you in another life ... i can link them together now thanks to this list. :) we'll see if reebs & lee lee play along!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I hadn't even thought about linking them all together into another life scenerio, but I think you have it!

I was on a tropical island and was hiding in a palm tree from some crazy extremists eating a banana when someone started playing music. As I swayed and danced, I fell out of the tree!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.