Thursday, August 5, 2010

Copenhagen July 13


We were at sea July 12, but at 11:00 PM we went under the Great Belt Bridge. See the video.
We arrived in Copenhagen, opened the curtains to an office building! I was so happy to see that there were "Hop On, Hop Off" buses right outside where we disembarked (blue canopy). For 18 Euros, per person, we got a tour of the city and could get off at any point to visit castles, museums, shop or go to Tivoli Gardens and then hop on again to go somewhere else or back to the ship.

Although there were signs pointing to "The Little Mermaid" or "Den lille Havfrue". . .
She wasn't there. . .They did have an interactive video with the site in China which several said was fun. . . especially for those who spoke Chinese.

Above is a building almost covered in flowers---I am taking these photos while on the bus. . .
So, couldn't get a good photo.
This was the city hall which was right across the square from our destination. . .Tivoli Gardens.

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

i think you talked that up too much [your video]... i was expecting an internet sensation & i got as much excitement as the construction on your street. but again - the quality of your videos on your camera is amazing to me! :)

love the building covered in flowers!!!!!!!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.