Friday, August 27, 2010

Roman's Visit

Roman came to visit for a few days without his Mom and Dad. We went to Vlasis Park. . .

Where he quickly found other kids to play with.

The next day we went to the St. Louis Zoo where he petted stingrays and goats.
And, enjoyed "cleaning the pens".
He and I rode bikes several times---here he is at the end of our soon to be replaced cul-de-sac. . .
Until he was distracted and chased a bunny round and round the tree.
He played a little Wii. . .
Cleaned my kitchen counters. . .

And, the next day we went to Ballwin North Pointe Pool where he frolicked in three pools and the lazy river.
He also played with Zooey (Zoe?) who is the daughter of his mom's high school friend Robyn.

We, then, rode our bikes to Henry School. . .
Where I finally got to see his monkey bar expertise! See below for some extra biking time! We had a great visit but he was sure happy to see Mom and Dad when we met in Columbia!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

where the HECK IS HE that a GOAT looks like it's about to fall & squash him?!?!! love that he got a pic of grandma! :) looked like so much fun!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.