Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spa Day

Our day in Belize, we decided to stay aboard the ship, Voyager of the Seas.
Belize is a "tendered" port, where everyone gets on a boat and is ferried to Belize City.
We don't mind the tenders but really enjoy one day on the ship having it all to ourselves.
Besides, I had two gift certificates for a free dinner at Portofinos Restaurant and a free facial which were to be done on days in port.


So, I made an appointment for my facial, added some micro-abrasion to it, was given a pitch for $400 worth of products and walked away with clean pores, no products.
Adjacent to the spa is the "adults only" pool---not very big but so beautiful.
It's like swimming in a Roman bath, or on my own private yacht.
Or, an art museum---what could be better than that: swimming, water, warmth, art, beautiful surroundings, quiet?
There were several hot tubs also in this area. But, seriously, isn't this better than fighting the crowds for a boat ride to Belize?

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.