Sunday, March 6, 2011

Visit-cation



First, we stopped in Kansas City where we celebrated Libby's 4th birthday a little early.
We got to see her brothers in their Cub Scout regalia. . .
Watch her open a few early birthday gifts. . .
And we got in a little quality grandparent time.

Then, we headed to Dallas to visit with my sister and her husband, Richard, who made us this delicious rib dinner.
Jane had a tea party for me and two high school friends who live in the area. Dave and Richard had a movie marathon in the media room. See this blog about the tea party.
One day, we had lunch with Dave's cousin Carolyn and her husband Don.
And, then, we had lunch with my cousin Carol and her husband Guy on another day.
When I had them pose next to the fireplace with their dogs Sonny and Happy, Guy noticed his favorite cane was missing from the mantel.
Carol had hidden it because she hates it. Despite the sign saying "prayer changes things", Guy's favorite cane hasn't changed. . . .maybe, Carol isn't praying hard enough!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.