Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rachel's Art

 As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I love children's art.  While cleaning out my basement, I found several boxes of my daughters' art from elementary school.  While Rachel was in town last week, I dug her art out.
 This was her daughter Libby's favorite---a kite.
 Not sure why everyone is so brown here, but I like the outlining---really makes those colors pop.
 The playground at Henry School doesn't have this any more, but Rachel's kids found one at the zoo.  Rachel said they always called it "The Eagle's Nest".
 This one is my favorites---I may regret letting it go.  The wing is out-lined in glitter!
 Rachel apparently went through a Garfield phase. . .
 Bet you never thought you'd see a photo of animals being herded by two Garfields!
Although this one had no name, Rebecca and Leah agree that it has all of the ear marks of Rachel!  If you are interested in seeing where all of this art took Rachel, click here.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.