Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break St. Louis Part II

After Rachel's family spent Spring Break in St. Louis,  Rebecca and Roman also came for a visit.  The weather was again beautiful, so we went to the zoo again.  The St. Louis Zoo is so large, we didn't duplicate much from the week before.  The Reptile House was high on both families' list. :-(
Roman loves to climb as you will see in the photos.  The photo above has him on Phil the Gorilla whom I remember seeing when I was a child at the zoo.  He took great joy in harassing visitors by splashing them with water and tossing various food items out of his cage---the gorilla that is, not Roman.

The high-light of this visit was seeing the baby elephant and daddy Raja below.


Lately, I have been buying the kids "face-painting" rather than a trinket at the zoo store.  Roman chose a dragon for his arm.  That night we watched High School Musical Three and ate ice cream.


 We finally got all of Kansas City's rain on Thursday, so Roman played in the basement, then donned Grandpa's raincoat for a walk in the drizzle.
We had a great visit---I wish the grandchildren lived closer, but I can't complain as long as I see them once a week---so who's next?

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.