Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break St. Louis Part 1

 Rachel and her kids came last week to spend a few days of Spring Break with us.  The weather was beautiful, so we had several outdoor activities.  Usually, we go to Longview Park.  Click here and click here.
 But, we decided to go to Queeny Park this time.  It's just as close as Longview and the park my children played in when they were children.

The playground isn't as grand as it used to be, but the kids still enjoyed hiking and playing there.  The next day, we went to the zoo, but parked at a different entrance which had us exploring some new sections of the zoo.
 We went to the Children's Zoo where the kids enjoyed petting a hedgehog, sliding down a slide by an otter water attraction.

 

 We also went in the Insectarium which has a butterfly room---not as big as the butterfly house, but still fun for the kids.
 We did get to see other parts of the zoo, but my camera took a holiday?


No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.