Friday, February 20, 2009

Longview Park

All of my grandchildren love Longview Park in Town and Country, Mo. My daughters love it, too. Every time we go we see someone we know. At Christmas, Rachel saw a friend with her little boy who is living in Maine. Last week, Leah and Rebecca saw at least 5 people they knew including one who recognized Rebecca from Facebook!


First, there's a beautiful trail through the woods with a fountain. Eli seemed to enjoy the puddles the most. He started channeling Gene Kelly in "Singing in the Rain." Click for a review of the routine.



Second, there's a playground with a nice soft surface with picnic tables nearby.
Roman, Davis, Brett, Libby Summer 2008

Finally, there are horses! The kids love feeding and petting the horses.
Roman: "Mom, I can't reach the horse---he's going out of the stall."

"Hmm, maybe I can reach him outside in the paddock."

"Hey, there he is, I'm just going to dash through this fence and . . . "Sorry, there are no photos of Roman crawling through the fence and standing under the horse, with his mother shreiking and running through the muck. It was pretty scary and not just a little yucky. I'm thinking Roman might benefit from a harness like I used to wear.
Jaclyn and Cousin Steve in harnesses, 1947

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.