Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shaw's Garden in Winter



I love the Missouri Botanical Garden and vowed to go there in every season this year. After being housebound for several days, the weather finally warmed up enough to visit Shaw's Garden in winter. It was interesting seeing some of the sculptures in the snow.
The paths were cleared off, the sun was shining---so we walked and enjoyed the beauty even in winter.
We knew if it got cold, we could always walk through the Climatron---a huge geodesic dome and a tropical paradise.

We did see some signs that Spring will come soon: bulbs will be blooming here before we know it and the Gingko below has nice fat buds.
While Dave rested on a bench, I explored a section I'd never been in.

I loved this statue---she's so sassy! Actually she replaces the Nikki sculpture of the Graces which is my signature photo.

There's an Ottoman Garden area that I'd never been in before.
And, a bell tree in the garden for the visibly impaired.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.