Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day from Jane!

My sister makes the most beautiful Valentine's. The one above is actually my favorite---I love the textures!
She is so creative and loves crafts---that gene is recessive in me but my daughter's inherited it to the max!
I didn't realize until I talked to her this year that this is an activity she enjoys so much that she won't ALLOW herself to get started until she has all of her Christmas decorations put away.
People used to always say, "Yes, Jane is artistic and musical, but you write so well." My sister is no slouch at writing either---she writes beautiful notes that are almost lyrical.
This is probably the only holiday we BOTH enjoy. She loves Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's Day.
I'm more into Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, and Easter.
I have been known to make Valentine's, but if you get a home-made Valentine from me, it is a real gift of love because I did not ENJOY making it!
The one below is another one of my favorites.
When it was opened, it unfolded to our wonderful family
That's another thing we have in common---we love our family and anytime we get together, it's a cherished treat!

2 comments:

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

Those valentines are fantastic!

Mizzou81 said...

I have every single card that Jane made and sent me...but my real favotites come ....for HALLOWEN!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.