Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

(Photo of Dave above was made in 1990's)
While cleaning out the basement storage, I found a banner that I think I made in honor of Dave's 30th birthday! Each letter was cut from a "significant" magazine page.
The H is his love of cars, A is tennis, the P's are both fried chicken, and the Y his love of blue shirts. Well, he still loves cars and fried chicken (I just don't let him eat it too often)
The B is obvious, the I is because he had traded in a lemon, the R is a magazine article about the Space Shuttle which he was working on and the T is a girl who looked like me. Well, he still likes me and beer.
The H is skiing, the D and A are for float trips, the Y for Volvos---the car he used to drive. Well, we still like pretty sunsets and water.
The D is for golf, the A for antiques/history, the V is skiing and trips, the E. . . I can't explain unless it was a subliminal message that he needs to do more of that. Well, we do still like antiques and travelling.
OK, Dave, you may have that many candles, but you look so much better and I still love you.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Loved your banner, mom! So creative! Did Aunt Jane help you with that?!?!!? :) or were you pregnant with me, thus giving you a spike in creativity?!?!?! HA HA HA...

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Funny you should say that, I couldn't figure out who did the banner until I got to the end and saw my handwriting in that last panel. :-)

Maybe I passed all of the "creativity" off to you and your sisters during pregnancy.

Leah Warren said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.