Monday, August 20, 2012

Friends

 Once upon a time, there was a group of single friends who went to concerts, had float trips and ski trips together.  We were centered around an apartment complex.  After a few years, we started pairing up with many of us marrying within the group.  Fast forward 43 years.
 Although we live from one coast to another now.  Several of us got together for lunch (now that many of us are retired)
 We all still like to travel.  The Barkers showed us photos of their recent trip to the Galapagos Islands and Peru.  And, the rest of talked about our future trips to Panama Canal, St. Kits, Transatlantic, and Disney Cruises. 
Drew (son of Mary and Bill) joined us for lunch---hard to believe that we have children who are the same age as when we met.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.