Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Semi-Trucks or Moving Bulletin Boards?

Say NO to cheap Freight
While driving 2800 miles on our trip to New England, we were behind a lot of trucks.  I began to realize how many had messages on them like a bulletin board. They often used the trucks as pulpits to preach a message.
Or, they had safety information  "If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you" and "Caution Wide Right Turns", but there was also a reminder not to leave children in a car.
 Many had their slogans, philosophy of life and a web-site

Some showed their patriotism and faith.


 

Others even promoted a favorite charity like the Shriner's Hospitals.
 

I also noticed some had become like traveling billboards, while others were blank canvases. I came up with a great idea:  sell the blank sides to advertise a product.  But, before I could market my idea. . .
I am pretty sure Grace College has bought this space.



1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

nice semi photo collection! or semi nice photo collection! :) ha ha very cool!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.