Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kirkwood Train Station

 Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved the Kirkwood Train Station.  Being a Missouri Pacific family (aunt, father, grandfather, great-grandfather), I remember going through there on our way West on the train and driving down Lindbergh many times visiting cousins.
 The inside of the train station is comfortable and yet traditional.
 It has benches on one side and tables for game playing or lunch on the other side.
 How could I not love a place with so much Missouri Pacific memorabilia.
But, it is also in one of my favorite towns in the St. Louis area.
 But, this time, I came to pick up some special guests from Kansas City.
Our daughter and grandson arrived after 6 hours of . . . . .fun?

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.