Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Part I: Pre-game Entertainment


 Sometimes my grandchildren invent games I am not so crazy about like battling with pool noodles on 15 foot walls.  I think I finally persuaded them that it was a fun game on the driveway but not on a wall.

Meanwhile, inside we were preparing Easter dinner:  asparagus, pork loin, potato casserole and rolls.  The deviled eggs became appetizers.

Davis and Roman then took our beverage orders while Libby just looked cute.  Brett wasn't particularly excited about the menu, but the rest of us really enjoyed it.




 






No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.