Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter Part II: The Hunts

Last year, we somehow came up with the idea of throwing popcicle sticks off the balcony to entertain the kids (click here for previous Easter activities), but this year we sent them on a scavenger hunt/woods clean out.  They had a great time, exploring in the woods, but maybe flip-flops were not the best foot attire.


Hunt #2 was for Easter eggs hidden in the basement because there had been a threat of rain.  As in the past, we color-coded our hunters making the hunt a little more fair with the vastly different ages and experience level!






But since it didn't really rain, we decided to hide some outside after all.  Most of the men just enjoyed watching the activities, including Louie.  Wonder if we could have hidden some under his ear?




No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.