Monday, October 21, 2013

High School Reunion---Before Dinner-Dance

Friday night was a cocktail party with appetizers. We were able to visit with several "old friends" including, Terry, the Paisano and Roger.  So happy we had that opportunity since Terry became ill and despite coming back from Italy early, flying in from the NW, he missed the big shindig.  His lovely wife did bring in some "mamo-grahams" for us to sample!
My dear friend Joan is between D. Wraussman and N. Sobin---both are always a treat to see at the reunions although D. technically didn't graduate with us---his family moved after Junior High.
Saturday before the Dinner-Dance, we met in Joan's suite for some wine, cheese, apples and crackers with J. Forbis, his wife, Carol and Beverly.



 



It was wonderful to have such quality time with such dear friends---Yes, J. does appear to be rather professorial!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.