Friday, September 18, 2009

Long Family Reunion

The Long Men: Wayne, David, Bill, Paul, Curtis, Bill, Van Alen
The Long Reunion was held recently at the Walther Park in De Soto, Missouri. I don't know how long we've held the reunions, but we do have a photo going back to 1931. David and Bill are the only ones present at this reunion who were at the 1931 reunion also. Click here for that photo.
I won't try to name everyone (Dave and I are in lawn chairs---when did we become the "old-timers"---it's true that I am Roy's oldest living grandchild. . .). But, if you'll look below, you'll see the sign-in sheet.
Wayne brought this DeSoto High School photo from 1941.
It has photos of Clyde and David Long---Clarence Long's son.
All of us descend from Thomas Henry Long and Mary Reiter Long. We are the children and grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great grandchildren of the following: Roy Long, Clarence Long, Curtis Long, George Long, Johnnie Long.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.