Thursday, September 3, 2009

Lunch at the Boat House

Recently, we went to lunch at the Boat House in Forest Park---hard to believe this is in the middle of St. Louis. It was a beautiful setting and beautiful weather.
We ate outside but the big fireplace inside would make enjoyable dining in the winter, too. The food was very good at a reasonable price. But the best part was sharing it with old friends.
Kay and I taught together in the early years while her husband Dave lived in our apartment complex. When we were all single, we ran around in a large group going skiing, on float-trips, and of course having parties.

Eventually, we started pairing up and getting married. Arleen and Dave, Jaclyn and Dave, Kay and Dave---no, it didn't get too confusing----the guys became "Arleen's Dave" "Kay's Dave" and my husband became "My Dave."The real bonus with Kay and Dave is, Kay is also my 2nd cousin once removed. So, I always have someone I can go to with questions about her branch of the family and she can bring photos to lunch for me to help identify. She also brought the wedding photo of her grandparents which I hadn't seen before. But, you'll have to go to my "family history" blog to see that. Click here.


Kay and Kay's Dave, we'll have to get together again now that we have a great place to meet.

2 comments:

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

What fun!

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

And I just love that first picture with the reflections and the green at the bottom. Nice!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.