Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Christi's Shower

I went to a baby shower last weekend for my future great-niece. Pictured above is my niece-in-law Christi who flew in from Arizona for the shower. She is modeling a large ring baby sling.
Christi's mother Susan made this "diaper cake".
Susan on the left with Christi's Grandmother Bear on the right.
Susan seemed to have a "Bear" theme to half her gifts.
The other half of the gifts were baby things she'd saved from when Christi was a baby. Above is Christi with her blanket---the dress, cap and receiving blanket seemed more re-usable.
Susan wasn't the only one to give "gag" gifts---I gave her the video "Awesome Trains" which Doug (my nephew) so admires.
Leah (friend and cousin) gave Christi a hat that Leah thought was hideous---the snozz of the hippo is a flap that covers the baby's forehead. Christi looks like she's trying to smile.Leah and Christi
From Auntie Lynn, Christi got a burp cloth and blanket. It was great seeing Lynn who flew in from Ft. Worth.

Rebecca (cousin) gave Christi a Mizzou tiger and several outfits with a matching headband and socks.
And Rachel (another cousin) gave little Goldilocks Provost a cute outfit that wasn't pastel pink and yet was cute and feminine. Christi appreciated the chocolate, too.
We all had a great time.
I actually won the baby food challenge!
Thanks to all of the hostesses: cousins, sister, childhood, high school and college friends.

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

i had a couple gag gift ideas up my sleeve ... one of them would've been a GREAT match for the hippo hat. :) looked like FUN! and christi looks GREAT!!!! thanks for sharing the pictures with us! :)

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.