Sunday, September 27, 2009

Creativity in Kansas City

Although many know my daughter Rachel is an artist (Click here for her web-site), she is not the only creative one in the family. Rebecca is very creative and painted the canvas over her buffet table.
Their children also showed off some of their creative efforts.

Libby loves stickers so this was a great activity for her---putting hearts on the letter H.
I loved the organs on a paper bag that Davis made---AND, he can tell you what each organ does, too.
Surely, you knew that above are the kidneys. . .
The Twenter children went to a birthday party where they decorated plates---Libby's above.
Davis shows off his swirls---the smiley face is Brett's plate

They especially like eating dinner off the plates they made! (Brett above with his smiley face plate)Roman needed no guidance or instruction for his creative urges. Above is the giraffe his mother had as a child.

But, the real challenge will be the Sharpie art on the ceramic tile! :-) No, this creativity does not come from their grandmother. . .

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.