Saturday, September 12, 2009

Presbyterian Women Brunch


The St. Mark Presbyterian Women Brunch is an opportunity to kick off a new year with my church friends. The theme this year was "Talking Hands". (Thanks to my hand model---Jerie)
Mary Beth is always so thorough in her planning---don't you love the cookies!
Before the program and meal began, we had an opportunity to mix and socialize--to the left of Alice is Marilyn whom I've known for 45 years (her sorority was across the sidewalk from mine in college).
Then, there were those who had children the same ages as mine--I've known these ladies (Ellen, Jean, Nancy) for over 30 years.
Phyllis was a friend before she became one of the girls' teacher. Beside her are "newer" friends Nancy, Heidi and Doris.
Donna (another college friend) with several other women, performed "Happy Talk".
Here is Shirley also performing "Happy Talk".
A moving performance of the song "My Life in in Your Hands" by the interpreter Pam Mohr.
The food was also delicious. Thanks again to all that makes this such a fun occasion---especially the cooks: Marie Holt, Nancy Kinder, Shirley Weir.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.