Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fry Reunion 2009: Sunday and Monday

(Leah and Eli had "retired" for the evening---can someone photo shop them in?)
The Fry Family (32 of us) from Boston, Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland,West Virginia, Missouri all came together for their 30th reunion held every other year since 1951. For more information on earlier reunions, Click Here. Then, click the "Fry" label to read several blogs about reunions in the 1960's, too.

We travelled to Jackson, MS the first day where we shared a hotel with the Jehovah Witnesses. We felt very underdressed. Then, we continued on to Orange Beach with the Publix grocery being our first stop.After unpacking and fixing a little dinner, we went to the beach and visited with some of our relatives that we hadn't seen for two years.

Early the next morning (around 8 AM), we hit the pool, but others had already beat us to the pool and reserved the beach chairs contrary to the rules.
Leah and Eli
Rebecca and Roman
We had several time-outs that first day because a boy or two needed to know the rules: Rebecca is reading the rule that says "No little boys on the balcony". I had never heard the "time-out" rule before: since Roman is 3, he gets 3 minute time-outs, Eli at 2 gets 2 minute time outs. At one point Leah did something and demanded a 29 minute time-out, but we felt like the "time-out rule" had expired.

We also discovered that the windows in the rooms emitted too much light for naptime, so Leah and Rebecca modified the decorating.
Clockwise: Cameron, Katie, Jensen, Michelle, Brice C., Aiden
Monday night, we all had a barbeque which was a great way to see everyone and introduce some of the children.
Sandra and Arlene
I was reminded why people don't like to be photographed eating.
Don and Carolyn Caver
Tom and Donna
Roman, Vince, Rebecca
Christa, Timmy, Suzy
Marilyn

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.