Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Going Home

We decided to split the boys up on the way home. Leah and Eli rode with Dave while I rode with Rebecca and Roman. The only TV Roman enjoyed was Barney! Last Spring I'd marked all of the McDonald's with play yards , Chuck-E-Cheeses and Chick Fil-As along the route and any public playgrounds we might pass.

Unfortunately, it was so hot (100 degrees) going through Mississippi that we didn't play in this play yard very long. But the boys enjoyed climbing on Ronald McDonald.Rebecca had hoped to stop here to have the boys' photo, but Eli was asleep, so Rebecca will have to photo-shop them in.
Poor Roman was recently potty-trained and did very well. Unfortunately he had to go to the bathroom in a few places where there were no exits. So, we had to stop by the side of the road. . .in northern Arkansas/southern Missouri, the poor guy almost fell head first in the ditch.

After that, he pleaded "I don't want to go in the woods." He was in luck that we had just reached civilization---Scott City, Mo.

We left Phoenix X before 10 AM on Friday and arrived in St. Louis around 1:15 on Saturday with an overnight in Southaven, Mississippi. Roman and Rebecca had another 4.5 hours before getting home to Kansas City, however.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.