Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Festival at St. Mark Presbyterian


Our church, St. Mark Presbyterian, has a Fall Festival which is very differet from my mother and dad's church. First, there's no chicken dinner---hot dogs and chips. Second, there are no crafts for sale--the only crafts are face painting and pumpkin decorating. And, there's no apple butter! Instead of a country Fall Festival, it's aimed at entertaining the children.

They had little cars and tricycles for the kids to "race" around hay bales.


It was held on the church parking lot front, side and back---Roman enjoyed throwing footballs through an opening at ME and climbing on the swing set in the back.

He also, loved the donkey which was so tame, he could even feed it grass.
He loved going around in the cart.

There was pony there which he rode also, but he loved that little donkey.
They had two bounce houses---one for "big kids" and one for little ones.
The fire department also had their fire truck there for the kids to climb on---Roman had a great time. We'll have to try to take Eli next year.

One of the "booths" had pumpkin decorating, but to prepare them, the ladies were washing the mud off the pumpkins and setting them aside to dry. Roman wanted to help with the washing, but the ladies kept shooing him off with, "There's a dry one over there for you to decorate." They never "got it." He wanted to help wash the pumpkins not decorate them. Note to the planning committee: add a wash the pumpkins table---the kids would love it as much as that pumpkin bowling you had!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.