Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Outings with Eli and Roman

While Rebecca and Roman were in town we went on a few outings while we enjoyed the 70 degree weather. We visited Rombach's Pumpkin Patch in Chesterfield, MO.
They have Ft. Rombach for the kids to climb on.
Tractors. . .
And, lots of pumpkins. We always enjoyed going there when my girls were little, but they've gotten away from the Pumpkin Farm and have added several gory, ghoulish sections which I didn't like.
The next day, we met up with Leah and Eli at Faust Park.
We rode the carousel---an antique that I rode when I was a child.
Then, we went outside to the playground . . .

before we headed to the Butterfly House.


We photographed butterflies,
We hid from each other. . .

The boys tried catching the butterflies. . .

Someone convinced Roman, that if he sat, held out his hand and smiled, a butterfly would land on him. . .but, none did. He sure looks sweet doing it, but they preferred the rotten bananas hanging from the trees.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.