Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween Cards

I'm not really a fan of Halloween, but I also know that for children, it is one of their favorite holidays. Since most of my grandchildren live out of town, I decided to send them some cards (with a treat or two).
I bought some stickers, went down to my scrapbook supplies for some paper, thought of some "clever" messages and lovingly assembled their cards. Double click on the photo above to read their messages.
No, I did not make this card. Halloween is also one of my sister's favorite holidays (her birthday is close to Halloween, so she always had a Halloween themed birthday party). If you read the card above carefully, she made this card August 8, 2008. She makes beautiful creative cards several times a year and she loves doing them.
Another year, she sent us all decorated boxes. . .
When, I opened the box, page after page of Halloween images popped out.
This year we got a Halloween swag to hang on the fireplace. Sorry, kids, you got the un-talented sister for your grandma. I may lack skill in making cards, but I made them with love (even if I don't really enjoy making them like my sister does).

1 comment:

Leah Warren said...

Eli opened his up this morning and LOVED it...thank you!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.