Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quilt Project

So, my first quilting project wasn't too successful. . . I decided maybe I needed to try something else so I took a class in the Log Cabin quilt. My demo square (above) was hand-quilted, but I'd already decided that what was preventing me from finishing my Cathedral Window quilt was the hand-sewing. So, I decided to machine stitch it.
First, I decided on the color scheme--beiges, blue, and cranberry. I spent months just buying up corduroy fabric with the correct shades.
Then, I cut the strips, rolled them with rubber bands and began.
Above you can see the "hand-stitched" square and the machine stitched one. A few years ago, I found 8 squares (including the two above). I decided to make them into throw pillows. This week, I went ahead and did it. . . I'm just a few whip-stitches shy of actually finishing a quilt project. . . 30 years later.

4 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

finish those OFF already! :) ha ha at least the fabric & color scheme never went out of fabric! i love it STILL!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

Believe it or not, I sat down and finished them that night!

Leah Morgan Korbel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah Morgan Korbel said...

Oh my gosh-this is hilarious. I removed my post because I had my fingers on the wrong keys and wrote something like "brtu brtu [tryyuz" instead of "very very pretty"!. It makes it seem like I had written something dirty and decided to delete it!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.