Sunday, February 21, 2010

Signs of Spring

At last we can see signs of Spring.
I don't recall St. Louis ever having snow on the ground for such a long period. We pride ourselves in our always changing climate.
One evening, I decided to grill a steak. First, I noticed how light it was outside. But, then I heard what sounded like dogs howling coming from an odd direction. Then, I heard a loud fluttering of wings and looked up to see two large owls mating.

I ran for my camera, but the deed was done, they'd gone to separate corners, having a cigarette?
I saw a flock of robins last week, but in my own house, Dave declared it Spring with his T-shirt.
A few days later, we spotted the first knees of Spring at church! We have several men at church who wear shorts 10 out of 12 months---that's a club that Dave would gladly join.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.