Thursday, February 18, 2010

While the Parents are Away. .


While Rachel and Kyle were on a cruise, Dave and I stayed with Libby, Davis and Brett for a few days. We had so much fun with the kids. They'd had their Valentine parties and came home with enough sugar to last them through the weekend.

Although I thought this was very clever of one mom who made Rice Krispie treats like kisses, Davis preferred the lollipops!
We had a fashion show with Libby. . .
Watched Davis count his money. . .
Played Wii with Brett.

But, we had time for crafts (Bendaroos above and Paperoni below). . .
And Art.
Brett loves drawing airpanes.

On Friday, we met Aunt Reebs and cousin Roman. We went to the library where Davis looked out a telescope. . .
Reebs read some stories. . .

Brett played on the computers.Then we went to Winstead's for lunch. Brett ordered a hot dog and Libby a cheeseburger. Then, Libby peeled the burger away and Brett ate the bun, but not the hot dog. Since we'd left Grandpa at home . . .
We brought him a snack.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like a "grand" birthday. Except you got stuck holding a weenie! And to think you got to see and hold Queen Elizabeth hat and all. She really does look like the ol' gal with all that curly hair!
Jane

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

wonderful birthday! Now THAT'S the way to celebrate! Love the pictures and commentary, thank you!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.