Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family Reunion 2011 Part One

 Before heading to the Gulf Coast for the Fry Reunion, we had to say good-bye to the Warrens who were moving to Texas.
 Although they had a relocation package, they needed to take enough stuff with them to live in corporate housing for a month.
 My sitting room had my packing for the reunion (in the back) and Leah's packing for their move.  Todd was a little alarmed when he saw my cooler and hamper thinking he needed to fit it in, too.

 Meanwhile the kids played and ate at grandma and grandpa's house.  The same day the Warrens left, Karen arrived for our day and a half trip to the Gulf Coast.
 For the most part, it is a beautiful drive through Mississippi although it sometimes is lacking in rest stops.
 When we arrived in Gulf Shores on the Foley Expressway, we noticed no ordinary fire.  A wild fire was in Gulf State Park---it burned all week---700 acres by the time we left.
Upon arriving, we needed to decide which of two condos would be better for 6 adults and which for two families.  Our condo had too many glass top tables for young children.  Tom, Donna, Marilyn, Karen, Dave and I got acquainted---we were all roomies for 4 days total.  What a wonderful opportunity for us all to catch up!.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.