Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family Reunion Barbeque

 The Phoenix X has a few spots for a large family gathering and cook-out.  Each condo brought a side dish and we paid a few dollars for the hotdogs and hamburgers.  Thanks to the Cavers for grilling! 
 The area is very close to the pool, so Brett could eat dripping wet.

 We all had such a good time eating and meeting with cousins that we will try to have TWO family dinners at the next reunion--pizza.
 Davis is modeling the Fry Family Reunion T-shirt as are his parents below.  It was the first time the Twenter Family has been able to attend.

Thanks to Savannah, Jensen, Mackenzie and Erica for playing with the grandchildren---Roman and Libby especially enjoyed their attentions.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.