Friday, July 8, 2011

From the Balcony

 We spent a lot of time on our balcony at Phoenix X.  We ate breakfast out there so we didn't disturb our sleeping condo mates.
 We ate our lunch out there to enjoy the beautiful breeze.
 We even enjoyed watching a storm meet the wild fire.
 Mostly we spied on our children, grandchildren and cousins below us in the pool.

 Watching cousin Marilyn with our grandchildren and Arleen's granddaughter Savannah, I thought, "This is making Aunt Irene smile".  Aunt Irene had no children of her own, but thoroughly enjoyed the family reunions and watching the cousins interact.
 Occasionally, I even knew exactly what my daughters were doing----I would get my iPad out and they were either posting on Facebook or playing Words with Friends.
But, I especially like sitting on my balcony, just looking at the beach, the Gulf and hearing the waves come in. Heaven.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.