Friday, July 29, 2011

Warren Family in McKinney

 Eli found all of his firemen's gear while we were unpacking!
Although we went to Texas to help the Warrens with their move, we didn't actually move much---just a few items from their apartment to their house via my suitcases and bins. 
 We also helped Eli "rest" in the afternoons.
 I helped Eli decorate his room.
 But, we also got a chance to see "old" McKinney---the town square. . . .
 the candy store "mmmmmm". . .
 dinner at a great restaurant. . .
 a little sight-seeing (Eli is at the old jail). . .
And, I sat beside Anna who would pat the space beside her and say, "oh, ma!" (or was she channeling her German heritage and calling me "Oma"). . .
 But, I also picked Eli up from Bible School each day (in the center front). . .
And, we got to see his program "Shake 'em Up" which was the same VBS program our church was doing this week too!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.